Nelson Engineering of Jackson, Wyoming is seeking qualified candidates for a Land Surveyor position. Nelson Engineering is a civil engineering and land surveying consulting firm with over 50 years history, Nelson Engineering offers a very competitive benefit package with great opportunities for advancement. Visit our website www.nelsonengineering.net for more information on the firm. This is a full time surveying job with the following primary responsibilities:
• Perform cadastral, boundary, A.L.T.A/ACSM surveys, and water right surveys
• Develop subdivision plats and record of survey maps
• Perform site/topographic surveys for small and large projects. Compile/reduce data and import data into drawings
• Prepare parcel descriptions for properties, roads, easements, rights-of-way, etc.
• Control surveys: establish and maintain control networks over large and small sites
• Construction staking, including the ability to generate stakeout data from plans and transfer that information onto the ground
• Establish and maintain quality control procedures on survey operations
• Effectively manage multiple, complex survey projects
• Work with staff engineers to plan and execute survey responsibilities for in-house projects in Western Wyoming and Eastern Idaho
• Work in inclement weather and in all types of terrain
Current Wyoming Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) License or ability to obtain license within 1 year. An FS or LSIT applicant may be considered for the position. 5 years minimum work experience or similar responsibilities. Familiarity with ACAD, Civil 3D, Leica software, Leica GPS, robotic total stations, and scanners would also be preferred. A Candidate must be willing to travel and work in locations in Western and Central Wyoming and Eastern Idaho.
Candidates can submit their resume to:
P.O. Box 1599
Jackson, WY 83001